Ethinylestradiol is a synthetic oestrogen. Oestrogens are a group of naturally occurring hormones which have a wide range of actions in the body. These include effects on the development of the body and maintaining the menstrual cycle (periods) in women. During the menopause (sometimes called “the change of life”) a woman’s body slowly produces less oestrogen.
|$ 3.30 per 1 pill||−||$ 99.00 per pack|
|$ 3.00 per 1 pill||$ 18.00 savings||$ 180.00 per pack|
|$ 2.45 per 1 pill||$ 76.50 savings||$ 220.50 per pack|
|$ 2.00 per 1 pill||$ 156.00 savings||$ 240.00 per pack|
Lynoral is used for:
• Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) This is the most common use of Lynoral. The tablets replace the naturally occurring oestrogen if not enough is being produced. This can be in older women going through, or after the menopause or in younger women whose ovaries have not developed properly.
• Period Problems – You may be prescribed Lynoral if you are suffering from problems associated with your periods. If you still have your womb and are prescribed an oestrogen, such as Lynoral, then your doctor should normally prescribe a progestogen as well.
• Osteoporosis - Women who have passed through the menopause and are at a high risk of future fractures may be prescribed Lynoral if they are unable to take other medicines for this condition.
• Prostate Cancer – Oestrogen is also a naturally occurring hormone in men and Lynoral may be prescribed to treat men suffering from prostate cancer.
How to take
Always take Lynoral exactly as your doctor has told you.
IMPORTANT: Your doctor will choose the dose that is right for you. Your dose will be shown clearly on the label that your pharmacist puts on your medicine. If it does not, or you are not sure, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Remember: Your tablets should be taken once a day and at the same time each day. They should be swallowed whole with a drink of water. The dose you have been prescribed will depend on the condition being treated.
Do not take Lynoral if:
• You are allergic to ethinylestradiol
• You are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Ethinylestradiol
• You have ever had heart disease or any problems with your heart or circulation.
• You have or have had breast cancer
• You suffer from unexplained vaginal bleeding
• You have ever had liver or gall bladder disease.
• You are diabetic
• You have had any problems with your kidneys
• You have ever suffered from hearing loss
• You suffer from asthma
• You wear contact lenses
• You have been told by your doctor that you suffer from increased blood lipids
Patients using Lynoral may encounter unwanted side effects such as:
Decreased sex drive